View Single Post
8/31/15, 12:33 AM   #1
Kokomo Smackdown Thoughts
sprintcarmemes

Sitting at home reliving this weekends event at Indiana's baddest bullring. This event is growing to be one of the most prestigious and biggest event for non wing racing all year. The winningest driver in USAC and Kokomo history continues his dominance here at the smackdown and picked up his third title. But it wasn't given to him he had to work for it. Elizabethtown Indiana's own Chase Stockon had a very solid weekend with his worst finish being fourth. Then we had the dark horse of the event, Kyle Cummins. This young man has had a very rough season all year and finally turned it around this weekend. He really was under the radar and if you asked me how I thought he would do I woulda told you he would be a solid top 12 car. I did not expect him to run so well here. He picked up his first ProSource fast time qualifier and picked up a fourth, tenth, and a third through the smackdown. I'm glad to see him and Stockon show up and represent the southern boys who don't get to run Kokomo much. Very very impressive by both drivers. A lot of hard crashes occurred throughout the weekend. Many many torn up cars and parts. I'm just glad to see everybody walk away from them. The extracurricular activities before and after the races were really entertaining. The band after Friday was excellent really enjoyed them and hope to see them back next year. The Kick It foundation kickball game is always a fun time for a great cause. It's great to see so much money raised for it. Also can't forget about the Frolic every night. It's a great great time. I'm also glad to see Robert Bell get some recognition as he won best appearing car and team award from the frolic. And of course leave it to them to come up 5¢ short of 500 lol. Overall this is a great weekend. Really puts up a good fight with sprint week as being one of my favorite weeks of the year. Can't wait to come back next year. Thanks O'conners and USAC for such an amazing event