View Single Post
3/12/09, 9:57 PM   #41
Re: Midget Org Announces New Tire Rules
DonMoore10

Actually, you need to work on the reading comprehension. Your most recent post is mostly off topic. I can't find anything in that post that specifically addresses my proposal which started this thread. This thread is about reducing the costs of midget racing, specifically tires for this discussion. So let me help you out: If you don't agree with my proposal, then list the joys of spending the max on midget tires. You travel around the country quite a bit. For example, do you stay at the most expensive $500 hotel penthouse suites? Most of the teams that you follow stayed at the 5 star hotels when they were in Tulsa... for free. I stayed at the $39 hotwire special near the airport.

Don't bother discussing USAC which I think your post is really about. I already know where the president stands on midget costs. Spend, spend, spend was the message I got from the PRI article. There are only about 10-12 teams that can afford that road. They're in the minority and this thread is about the majority, like hundreds of them that aren't sponsored by Toyota, Chevrolet, Red Bull, etc etc. And those teams get tons of stuff free. If those 10-12 teams want to spend a million dollars to find the new speed that you're personally looking for, let them do it. They are in the minority and really don't represent the majority. The problem really is with all the other midget orgs around the country that want to be like big bro. They're the ones that got us in this mess by not thinking for themselves and applying common sense with a few exceptions like ARDC which refuses to go along with the new Esslinger and Fontana. At least they had half a brains and didn't buy it.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 3/12/09 at 10:14 PM.