View Single Post
3/9/09, 10:46 PM   #44
Re: The 2009 Depression Hits Kokomo Indiana
trencherman

On TQ97's post, i would have to agree for the most part. imo the fuel crisis put us in a final spin to set us where we are today. and I'm afraid if fuel prices continue to rise. no matter what what stimulus there is we will have a hard time rebounding. if you take
just 10 gal of gas bought a week on 250 million vehiles licensed in the us at an extra 2 bucks a gal. the amount of money not going into the economy would be around 130 billion dollars. but padding the oil kings pockets. and i'm sure that number might be modest due to gallons actuallly sold and price fluctuations. so maybe the ones that say "i don't mind spending extra for gas" should think about how much effect things like this has on the economy .i hope things turn around . I was in construction for 25 yrs. been laid off since thanksgiving. so i hope things turn around. the company i worked for spent their fuel budget in the first 4 months of 08, and that is only one example of the effect fuel sales has on the economy. so maybe mass transit would help a lot