Thread: Wal-mart
View Single Post
2/28/09, 12:34 PM   #5
Re: Wal-mart
TQ29m

SC96, being a former small engine sales dealer, I can't vouch for your difficulties with them, but a lot of the other things are true. Another problem is, at least in my case, by the time the customer finally got to me, for repair work, which I had to do, or lose my deal with the manufacturer, he was so upset, most of the time, I couldn't make him happy either, if he bought a lawn mower, and failed to put oil in it, or hit a piece of buried pipe, they told him it was covered, just bring it in, and I'd GLADLY repair it. That kind of stuff isn't covered, then I became the bad guy. People were led to believe, they were getting such a low price, there wasn't any need to shop anywhere else, they still don't realize, they let the customer do the final inspection, and they also have different grade engines they put on the products. Problem is, they've got people brainwashed, and one of these days, you'll have to go there for everything, new cars, homes, whatever, as long as they don't have any cost involved, or risk. I finally decided I didn't need unhappy customers, so I dropped all my name brand products, and just did nothing but repair work, on non-warranty issues, things went a lot smoother. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 2/28/09 at 12:36 PM. Reason: sp