Thread: Wal-mart
View Single Post
2/28/09, 11:09 AM   #1
Wal-mart
sc96

This not racing related but something every person should Know. The news keeps pumping up wal-mart saying how there profits are growing. Well let me fill you all in on a secret they do not own anything that they put on there shelves. And the suppliers who put stuff in a wal-mart do not get paid untill the item has sold. If wal-mart orders 100,000 T shirts and only sells 25,000 you the suplier eats the other 75,000 and if you dont deliver the 100,000 ordered say send 50,000 then when 25,000 have sold send another 25,000 they wont pay you one red cent at all. And if you are a private contracter doing work for them they will find a way not to pay you. For example 1st hand experience we did site excavation for a new store there were underground drainage tile that were unknown and not reported on any soil borings, Removing them was not part of our scope of work, When they were found we were told by wal-marts supertendent to put together an estimate on what it would cost to remove them and replace with compacted fill. Our estimate was 1.2 million lowest of 4 other estimates from other contracters. We had wal-mart sign a change order then did the work we completed the work 355,000 under our estimate took that amount off the change order price AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAID 3 YEARS LATER FOR ANYTHING ON THE CHANGE ORDER. That is the reason wal-mart is making so much money they will not pay and for every lawyer we have they have 10,THANKS FOR LETTING ME GET THIS OFF MY CHEST.