View Single Post
2/27/09, 11:16 PM   #30
Re: Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
DonMoore10

I would first like to compliment Jim Anderson on always writing sane, logical and friendly post, even when we disagree. Much appreciated.

Jim, I think you are still in the mindset that the back gate is the savior to keeping racing afloat. Somehow, the racing promotions need to get off the backs of the owners and drivers AND back gate subsidizing the racing operation. If the promoter has to shut the doors because he is allowing a free pass for owners and drivers (I'm proposing 1 owner pass BTW), then the promoter must be on thin ice to begin with.

Let me go back to the race promotion that I participated in last Fall, which ended in a $30 check from the promoter, but $245 in the hole for the evening. At that race promotion, there were TWO sanctioning bodies present. Yeah, TWO and double the race officials. I would say that there were close to one official for every midget that was present. Do we need a couple of college business professors to figure out that this is way over the edge, terribly expensive and unnescessary? And my critics don't want to hear it, but a big box midget org semi-trailer hauling a copy machine present also... plus a second midget org trailer belonging to the other sanctioning body. So this is big corporate midget America with a ton of pork charging the entertainers that the fans come to see outrageous fees to enter the race track grounds. Who is zooming who?