View Single Post
1/11/09, 3:05 PM   #8
Re: Presleyland Motorsports Track?
bigmojo5

I'm beginning to wonder if Presleyland Motorsports is a company leasing Chandler Motor Speedway, much the same as Classic Motorsports leased Kamp Motor Speedway a couple of years ago, Columbus Motor Speedway. Even Fort Wayne. Or the same as RPM Promotions leases Lawrenceburg and the group in Terre Haute leases the Action Track.

The item in Sprint Car and Midget (page nine of most recent issue), which does say it is a preliminary ASCS schedule, lists the various tracks as speedways, etc (i.e. Devil's Bowl Speedway, Lawton Speedway) but lists Chandler only as Presleyland Motorsports.

Harold and Phyllis Baker are the same people who owned the track when I was the track photographer in the mid-1970s. Harold gave me my first airplane ride -- an old WWII bomber -- so I could take photos of the entire layout that included the drag strip, the dirt oval and the off road course cut through the woods to the west. It was known as Chandler Raceway Park then. Think it was also known as Mid American Motor Speedway at some point.

Bob,
I was hopeful on the TQs but wondered if it really made sense. It would be great for teams like the Ambroses but seems like most of the TQs are from the eastern part of the state. Greensburg, Fortville, Muncie, Shelbyville, Rushville, Greenfield, Columbus and a couple from Bloomington. Collin Ambrose comes up occasionally from Owensboro, Ky., but Lynn and Ron have suppoorted 1200 mini-sprints for most of the last decade.

I also wonder if Chandler might be the first victim of The TQ War. If rather than deciding to sign with one group of the other, Harold decided to sign with no group at all.

Time will tell.

Jim Morrison
Last edited by bigmojo5; 1/11/09 at 3:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to include my NAME