View Single Post
9/29/08, 1:15 PM   #26
Re: What we have the Late models...
delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
Kim - in my opinion, the reason you get no fans with a drop of rain - is the rain check policy. This is not directly about Lawrenceburg, but most of the dirt tracks around.

you do not offer the fan a complete refund immediately at the track when there is a rainout.

unfortunately, this rain policy keeps people away.

as a fan, I pay to see a certain event, on a certain day, I have no interest in a rain check. So, if I feel a drop of rain in the air, I will not come.

It is simple as that.

I understand, I am not expecting a change in policy. It is a shame that there is not a refund policy statewide.

As per the discussion of the costs associated with Woo Sprints. I understand the cost figures, but, how do they attract about 50 tracks a year to sign up? What factor am I missing? I wonder if certain tracks get "sweetheart" deals. After all, we say the Lawrenceburg is one of the showplaces in dirt racing, but, it cannot afford a showplace event. Something is missing here.

maybe, build 16 luxury suites on the back stretch. rent for $10000 each for the year, or, use them to draw big sponsors - giving them the use of a luxury suite.

I think the more pressing problem, the declining numbers of the weekly sprints.
when a baseball game gets rain out are they giving a cash refund i think not!!!