View Single Post
9/18/08, 12:42 AM   #186
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

I'm not in this for the money. It's about the racing. MTQRL is not a club. It is a racing league. Drivers won't have to worry about running the show, they can just show up and drive.

The bonus payout is for racers with any TQ membership. There are racers coming in from Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio so far.

I'm in this for the long haul. It's going to be a building process. I understand that and embrace it. Great things don't happen overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_destructo View Post
Just curious, but how will you be able to take all the registrations and "screen" all the applicants before next weekend? That was, of course, your original plan wasnt it? Now anyone with a UMRA membership card is welcome? Seems a bit ironic. I guess when the time comes to pay the bills, basically any car/owner/driver with a pulse will do just fine.
Also, to reply to TQ65's post about larger engines to make the cars drive like sprint cars, If thats what you want then maybe you should be looking at a sprint car. There is a bit of an "art" to driving and setting up these cars. Every driver out there, even the 410 guys, will always tell you they need more power. I've seen guys come in the club with the big $$$ motors and, with one or two exceptions, have never won too many races. Its not about maximum power. At Columbus in mid-July when its dry, hard and slick a guy could prob run up front with 5 hp Briggs! When guys get beat they always say that the other guy has more expensive shocks or lighter wheels or fuel injection. Why doesnt anyone put any value in EXPERIENCE or a well maintained car. Is it not possible that you can simply get BEAT by a better driver or better setup? The people who are complaining now will complain about the club/leadership/competitors no matter the organization. There have been some good ideas presented here in the last few weeks(along with some terrible ones). As the founders of the new club, you are business people first, racing promoters second. What happens to the guys who commit to running with MWTQ when you realize that it is not feasible for you to spend your own money to put on shows. I'm sure there will be sponsors, but track rental/prep equipment along with a larger purse and paying a crew from Lawrenceburg to come run the show for you cant go on too long. After a few races when you decide its not as easy as it looks from the grandstands and pull the plug on the idea, these guys will still have racecars and will want to race. Why no try to make the current club better? Go to the fall meeting Run for office or a board position and maybe all the people who say they will support a new club will show support for you. By the way, last week at Greensburg was the best racing surface I have EVER seen at that track! Kudos to the track prep crew.

Chris D.