View Single Post
9/15/08, 8:59 PM   #6
Re: Some SW and NW Ohio notes on fuel and DOT CHECK POINTS
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Here in Dayton, some traffic lights work. Many don't. Some stations have electricity to pump gas. Some don't. Wal-Mart closed just down the street. So is my Kroger. MANY trees down, and Fricker's burned down.

It's really strange here. My apartment building has power, but the gas station next door, and I mean right next door, has none. The Wal-Mart is closer to me than the distance down the backstretch at Eldora. And, it has no power.

The problem might not be the price of gas, but getting it. Lines at those which have it can be frustrating. Topped off my tank tonight in anticipation of a price hike tomorrow. The gas station next door -- closed today -- has its numbers for the price per gallon down. Presume it only means it's going up when their electricity is back on.

Heck. I'm still ready for the Four Crown.
Jim Morrison

Frickers burned down? Damn; last time I was in Dayton I had a business meeting at Fricker's...seriously.

Good luck to you all up there. We at least got power back down here. There are a few parts of our county without power, so the schools are still out, but it's just the outlying areas. Other than that, just some roof damage and trees down.