View Single Post
9/5/08, 11:04 AM   #121
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
Shawn

I'm sure anyone will build a car, if the money is right. I know at one time, Keith Kunz was thinking about building some TQ's, but that never happened. Competition Welding has also built a TQ, or two. Like Jon said, if the money is right, then you might be able to get a Bullet Chassis built for you. I know that Spike has a company named FOZ for mini-sprints, so maybe they could whip up a TQ for anyone with the right money. The list could go on!

I'm pretty sure that Stealth is a thing of the past. However, I know that there are a few older Stealth cars floating around, so a used one might be an option. Along those lines, there are a lot of used cars floating around. It doesn't seem that many are being built new, however. Check out UMRA.com and click on Garage Sale, or visit other sites, like Dirt Track Trader. There are some good cars out there!

I know Jon mentioned some chassis to look for, but here are some more. Stewart, Beast, Stealth, Arrow (Bob McClure), Nichols, Ellis, and Kreeper. Breka and Goff Chassis are hard to come by, but are contenders. You could also add older chassis, like Lowe and Kleine if you're just wanting to get your feet wet. Although, it seems like Tate Martz has had success with his 1980-something Lowe Chassis.

Best of luck in your search!