View Single Post
8/30/08, 8:51 AM   #93
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Billy,

The rule was all drivers must be at least 16 years of age. It can't get any more black and white than that. However it happened (and it doesn't matter now) you competed the entire season at the age of 14.

Before the 1994 season UMRA found out how old you really were, the membership took a vote, and decided that a rule is a rule. It didn't matter what color of car you drove, or what team you were affiliated with, they didn't bend the rules.

Sandy
how did billy puterbaugh get to run a full season being 14? at that same time we purchased a tq and were going to go racing with umra and my son had just turned 15 and we had to provide a birth certificate before we could ever hit they track at the first umra meeting we went to...we were told no way no one under they age of 16 gets to drive...and that is final...so you meen to tell me for a full season no one ever asked him to show any proof of his age? we never did run the tq sold it after attending 3-4 umra meetings and finding out that there was way more bs in that club that i wanted to deal with...and as far as a new series goes i think one of the biggest thing you need to look at is age limit the 16 year old to drive rule is way out of date most kids who are looking to move up are into sprint cars by the time they are 16 why do you think that mini sprints have grown so much over the last few years they allow you to start when you are 13 if you have some racing experience