View Single Post
8/27/08, 1:03 PM   #65
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
TQ2M

T.Q. midgets are the last openwheeled race car with a conventional driveline that you can't just spend money to go faster. In other words rich daddy's can't just write a check and get results. You can still bulid your own stuff and beat a factory car. That is one of the reasons I stayed so long (also I had a lack of a rich daddy). I was proud to see the Berry 29 win this year. It about made be bring my 20 year old car out.
It is hard for a president to run a club having to not only get 8 board members to agree with your views but then bring it in front of 150 general members and accomplish anything. This is the system UMRA has in place. It has worked and with the right person in charge it can work again. This person has to be neutral and not a driver. Ron Ambrose has told me time and again "you cant govern from the drivers seat".
Through all the ********, racing and crashing I was involved with in UMRA I can not think of an enemy. I am still friends with the Goff family. I am friends with people who don't like the Goffs. When our engine and car were outlawed in the 80's we were mad for about a while and then decided this is where we wanted to race. We built a new car and moved on. This is what made UMRA special in my era. Will it ever be like this again?
J.L, yeah that was me. Clarian Healthcare. My 15 minutes of fame::O:

Joe Monroe