View Single Post
8/27/08, 8:28 AM   #57
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
bigmojo5

Thanks J.L. for being man enough to sign your own name. It's easy to throw rocks from the shadows.

Like you, I have watched this with great interest. I can't think of a single person in UMRA that I do not like.

I fear more damage has been done to TQ racing -- not just UMRA -- in 48 hours than all the good that has been done in 48 years.

Selling race dates has always been one of the biggest challenges for the club president in the off season. Just how many race track promoters -- real race tracks and not those old county fairgrounds bullrings more appropriate for a horse-and-pony shoe than midget racing -- will be willing to book a TQ race -- UMRA or any other league -- after reading Indiana Open Wheel the last two days?

Many of the points made were valid. There's strong feelings on both sides. Truth is never on one side or the other, but rather always found in the middle ground. If you take Sandy Lowe's comments and Joe Monroe's and combine them, you have a pretty accurate picture of what happened in 1993

Find that middle ground. Don't destroy the thing you love.

Sandy, I disagree with you on one thing. The old UMRA did not die on June 19, 1993. It died in June of 1990 with your father. The void left by him opened the door to the idiotic ******** and power plays (including using a race car as a battering ram) that dominate the club today.

JIM MORRISON