Thread: Must Watch
View Single Post
2/21/24, 2:53 PM   #12
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I watched it. What is his background? Does he go to races and meet with people, or does he base everything off of social media? Have seen his deal a few times, and never felt he had anything to say that couldn't have been found somewhere before.
He worked at WRG in some capacity which may have been in part the Open Red podcast’s. I believe I’ve heard him say that he was a crew member on one of the nascar teams as well.
I’d agree that the majority of what he says can be found on social media. But he does a nice job of presenting it and since it’s a short broadcast it doesn’t exceed my attention span. What I’d like to know is how much these “content creators “ make. He mentioned a year or so ago when his subscribers < 15-18K that his income from it was in the low 5 figures, not a fortune but not a bad gig either and is the reason these creators are always trying to get more likes & subscribers.
Another guy I enjoy watching & has nothing to do with racing is “Pan the Organizer”. He covers all aspects of car detailing and from all appearances has done quite well for himself with over a million subscribers

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy