View Single Post
2/5/24, 1:41 PM   #23
Re: Could USAC do it?
yeleyfan76

I’m reading a lot of jabbing about how long the shows are for cars with starters and without. I’m reading about how the narrative is bad about the Usac show even-though the guy in charge is serious. I’m reading about support classes and the like. What I’m not reading is about how wonderful the series we all love to watch is going to race for big big money. Lolmds has 12 shows at 50gs, WoOlmds 3 at 50k and 3 at 35k. I wanna read about these guys running for that kind of money. Not reading how a perennial champ who is trying for a 5th title needs sponsorship for Florida from one of his competitors. I wanna read about how these guys are popular nationally. Not reading about someone wanting the schedule to be mainly located in one state for a National series. This season I feel the series gets around a bunch even with losing the Cali/Az races for the second season and probably for a while. The only area that gets multiple shows is Indiana and I just wish I would read how the crowds for USAC sprint races were huge.
This Friday starts a new season. After that late models and non wing sprints will be on different paths for different money. IMO the racing in SLM racing isn’t the greatest. Start fast cars up front and hope for Moran,RTJ, and Terbo to time poorly so maybe there is passing? I’d hope the racing this year is tight with 15 teams following the tour, we will see. Just wish we were talking about big purses and not the things I mentioned.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, stp6237