View Single Post
2/3/24, 3:20 PM   #14
Re: A question for the race track chasers
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad View Post
Here's an interesting scenario to add to the list. On July 10, 2019, USAC had a midget race scheduled at Concordia, KS as part of their midwestern swing. I went there, camped in my RV, paid to get in, sat in my seat and to the best of my recollection, cars were on the track for packing or warm ups. Suddenly the program got cancelled, using the excuse of track conditions or a wet pit area. I heard later on that some car owners and/or drivers had safety concerns with the retaining wall, but have no idea of the accuracy of those rumors.

Can I add that track to my list? I did, and I am now at 101. That figure is unlikely to change thanks to Flo racing. Regarding the points raised by the O.P., I always counted these as one track, except for the final one on the list, as I have never encountered a track relocating on the same premises.
Unfortunately, no. According to the track chaser guidelines, just seeing wheel pack/warm-ups doesn’t count. You have to see an actual race to count the track. A race being two or more cars where a winner is declared. That means a heat race, dash, consi, feature, etc. I know some track chasers who won’t count the track unless they’ve seen a complete show.

Personally, I have been to about a dozen tracks where the unexpected happened, or most likely, it rained, and I never got to see a race. I went to West Plains MO once for a WoO show in ‘96. Saw hot laps and time trials. Then the heavens opened up right before the first heat race. Show cancelled. Never went back. Never counted the track. Sh*t out of luck.

The biggest thorn in my side was Hales Corners WI. Been there not just once, but twice. First time for a WoO show in ‘98. Then again in ’99 for an SCRA show. Paid to get in both times. Saved a seat. While I was hanging out with friends in the parking lot, a thunderstorm hit. Both visits. Both shows cancelled. Never got to count the track.

4 members like this post: Daisy's dad, luckybuc97, oppweld, WinglessLovers