View Single Post
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 11/26/23 6:45 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
Yes, lots of guys do have those skills, but IMO, Larson’s are at a higher, more developed level. His anticipation and racecraft especially. I think part of that is due to his competition at higher levels and speeds. Like any athletic endeavor…the higher level you compete at, the more you develop your skills. Driving and anticipating at 200 mph is levels different n that required at 60 mph (average speed for a 12 sec. Lap at Ventura). After all, Larson just finished his 10 season in NASCAR’s highest levels. MANY of his competitors in midgets were still in quarter midgets when he was driving 200 mph.

UNDERSTAND…I am taking nothing from Corey Day, Justin Grant, Logan Seavy et al. They are clearly performing at amazing levels and have more than once demonstrated skills above and beyond many other racers. I’m sure that if they are ever fortunate enough to get to the next level they could excel and develop their talents just as Larson has.

I agree with you on the higher level part.

Not on the Nascar part. I think the only thing that's helped him will is teach him patience. He had that higher level before he ever stepped into NASCAR.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: flagboy55, jjones752, motorhead748