View Single Post
11/13/23, 12:18 PM   #12
flagboy55

In today’s world, you don’t necessarily have to have the best product to have the biggest following, Nascar for example. Unfortunately it would take a boatload of money, and saturation promotion to get USAC to the level of the Outlaws. I have to reiterate a few points that I bring out from time to time, so forgive my redundancy, but a big name star would be essential to attach their brand to the series. Apparently that’s a tough sell in that it hasn’t happened in earnest yet. I mean Kyle basically says he’s afraid of wingless Sprint Cars. I believe in 1981, when the Outlaws decided they no longer needed true Sprint Cars, and mandated wings, that was a huge setback to wingless and everyone on that side of the sport. I’m optimistic though that our preferred style is gathering momentum across the country, but I don’t see anyway it gets close to the popularity of the Outlaws. They’re the brand of the genre, the same way Q-Tip is to cotton swab’s. I do put out this warning as we continue to try to grow the sport. Be careful what you wish for. I’m old enough to remember Nascar pricing out their fan base as their popularity grew.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jdull99, nathans1012, PIT CART