View Single Post
11/12/23, 3:09 PM   #57
Re: High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.
BrentTFunk

Isn't this money grab the exact same thing that the Outlaws did when they created the extreme series? Only this move appears to be better thought out. A month ago, I would not have thought this would cause any big problems for the Outlaws. Now I am not so sure. They have taken away some very good markets. That will not help teams secure sponsorship. Less race dates will help owner's expenses, and no one has to miss any big events.
As for the All Stars, Brad Sweet said in the press conference that they were just taking a year off. I am sure that is going to give them time to evaluate. It appears to me that groups like FAST have taken away business from the All Stars. The All Stars only had 6 full time racers at the end, and I am sure someone was spending more than they were making to keep it going. My guess is High Limit just bought their big dates.
I look at a couple of the markets that High Limit has announced. A couple of them are tracks that had a falling out with the Outlaws, and some are tracks that the promoter had to use an outside promoter to get a date. That will hurt the Outlaws going forward. They have 40 plus years of brand recognition, and that is a the biggest thing they have going forward.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART