View Single Post
11/12/23, 11:58 AM   #55
flagboy55

Since this began, I have wondered if the Outlaws would have accepted the HL as good neighbors and let their guy’s race without restrictions, would this even happen? Then you half to ask why it’s happening, why it’s Kyle and Brad making the moves to create the competition. If you listen to the Dirtnerds podcast, you’ll hear Duane and Elliott talk about Kyle’s foray into LM’s as a potential inspiration for this taking place. Not everyone on here is a fan, so I’ll give you a brief description of the landscape. They have 2 National touring series with Lucas Oil Series, and WOO Series, big money weekday races with the Castrol Flo LM Night in America series, and the XR Super Series which also throws in some big purse’s. The Dirtnerds suggest, and I think it’s a very reasonable suspicion, that Kyle saw the money available to tin tops, and wanted to go after it for Sprint Cars. No reason to think that Larson hasn’t seen the numbers, especially being Flo sponsored, and that Flo is a minority partner in the HL deal. My thoughts are that his access to the streaming side of things, he also has a pretty good idea of what the revenue is for the Outlaws via Dirtvision. We will probably never know because the cards for streaming numbers are kept very close to the vest, but they must be doing well and a potential for doing better, otherwise why the conflict? As far as the Allstars going away, I’m sad for the nostalgia factor, but I see it as an opportunity for regional series to step up. Let’s face it, Pennsylvania wings don’t really need any help from anyone, they seem to be the strongest market in the country for Sprint Cars. Outlaws come through a couple times a year, and they’re good. Ohio has at least 3 series that I’m aware of, Midwest has MOWA, and now Maverick, along with the very well done IRA Sprint Cars. Between all these series, with a little cooperation, I don’t think it’s out of the question that they couldn’t put together a sub series to kinda fill the void left by the Allstars. Of course the key to that would be cooperation. Any how, that’s some of my thoughts on the matter, but as long as Indiana remains God’s Country for real Sprint Cars, I’m all good!