View Single Post
10/30/23, 7:48 AM   #10
Re: BOSS 2023 Finale Waynesfield Saturday 10/28
kb78

I went to Waynesfield Saturday, that is the way you run a end of the year show like this. They started early and rolled through, they had one short intermission(maybe 20 minutes) that they worked the track and let the kids go trick or treating at the pit gate. The track was rough and hard to pass but for the weather I thought they did the best that anyone could have. Ballou was there but stepped on his member in the heat when he through a slide job for the lead, caught a rut and flipped. I love guys being aggressive but under BOSS rules you go to the redraw weather you are first or second so he didn't need the spot. Damage didn't look too awful bad but I'm sure it was not worth starting on the tail of two races on that track so he packed up.
The feature lost some of it's luster when Ricky Lewis drew the front row, he went flag to flag. Chance Crum had a decent outing and it was fun watching Jadon Rogers and Max Adams, eventually they all got bit by the WMP turn two goblin as most people do. Westfall got to second but had nothing for Lewis as the track was more Lewis' style than Westfall's.
It's true that the Sprint feature was done very early. I stayed to watch the dirt trucks and the modifieds, the modifieds turned out to be a really good race and it ended with a last lap slide job for the win by Brian Ruhlman.
I left after that, took the wife to the Waffle House for dinner and was still home by 10:00 easy. Great effort by the track and officials.