View Single Post
10/8/23, 12:34 PM   #7
Re: 10/7/2023 - Lawrenceburg Speedway Results
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
Charles, there are only so many nights in a weekend. Lawrenceburg has always been a Saturday night Sprint Car track. Trust me, when Ed Bennet reopened the track back in the day he unsuccessfully tried Friday nights with late models. Moved to Saturday night sprint cars and, despite the completion, he survived. When we had the track we ran a Friday night World of Outlaw event, we lost money. We also unsuccessfully tried a couple of Wednesday night late model shows - a ton of race cars and no spectators.

Obviously I don’t know what the future will bring, but I’m sure the ‘burg will survive.

Carrol, I see exactly what your saying and I agree. But what I meant was that two run sprints this week, the other two next. Doesn't mean you can't run a show every weekend but the four and five SPRINT tracks sat nights are depleting the fields

I look to what the East bay Raceway promoter said about the cost of racing and he said that hes content with closing shop soon, because it will be impossible to put on a great show with full fields even in Feb with no competition in just a few short years. That interview was at least a year ago.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/8/23 at 12:35 PM.