Thread: Lawrenceburg
View Single Post
9/25/23, 12:22 PM   #23
Re: Lawrenceburg
fishnman

I whole heartedly agree. I have heard of certain individuals that are interested, a local late model driver in particular. Whomever does sign the contract, I wish them well. I hope the "********" are kept out of the deal. I realized after 3-1/2 years from 2007 thru 2010, doing track prep and taking care of everything else during the week, the facility would have a hard time in the future with being a "local" track. 2007 the last year of the 1/4 mile was not that way. Car counts were way up. the next year was different, a high banked 3/8th, fast. But with what the lip2 said, track prep was a big deal the last few years. I will say that track prep at Lawrenceburg is not cheap, compared to the 1/4 mile, I guess the man hours are doubled if you want the same surface as the 1/4 mile, and the cost of fuel etc is doubled. Not conducive to a "local" track expenses. Better have some VERY deep pockets if you want to take on this endeavor.. with that , two names came to mind. I feel that with just their names, some really big events could be established. really big sponsors would come on board. A schedule similar to Eldoras, with a few more special Non wing shows. Not so much a weekly program anymore, because in my opinion that is the nature of the beast today. I don't particularly like it, but I don't like paying more property taxes each year, but I deal with it. I could go on for three more hours. with that , those two names I was thinking of........... Brad Sweet and Kyle Larson, wishful thinking huh.
Last edited by fishnman; 9/25/23 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Grocery Guy, Love dirt, mtek56