View Single Post
9/19/23, 11:05 AM   #70
Re: Haubstadt Hustler
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
While I don’t condone what Aric Gentry did, the other driver involved had made numerous, VERY questionable moves throughout the night. I get it…a new driver has to start somewhere, but he also has to have awareness of where he is on the track, and who is remaining to go around him. His decision to turn toward the infield in the middle of the backstretch, while maybe made with the best of intentions, cost Aric Gentry a race car. Again, I don’t condone Aric’s response, but I understand his anger and frustration.
You may understand it, but doesn't warrant what he did. He has a problem settle it at the trailer when both are out of the car.
And, USAC has a director of competition, right? And a flagman, right? And a black flag, right? If these moves were as you say "questionable", why aren't you calling out the officials for not throwing the black flag at him. Other organizations would do it. If this guy is an inexperienced driver as you say, then it should have been evident very early on he might be a problem. But I doubt as you seem to imply he was out there tryig to hurt someone or damage their stuff.

2 members like this post: brown11b, jonboat15