View Single Post
8/23/23, 2:42 PM   #36
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
From a owners perspective, Yes, It's worse, From a fans perspective. It's better We had Five to seven years with the new stands, concession and restrooms and had pits full of cars with the old quarter..

AND 200-500 fans in the stands............... Id say a reg show now has 1200-2000
Keep in mind the old track flooded a lot from the hydraulics of the river dropping It's basically all gravel underneath the area. They raised the infield at least three feet and added two track pumps and a huge pumping station near the grounds entrance. And a mosquito infested ditch that was used to pump out the track is now leach lines buried . Only time I've had problem with Bugs since is the Cicada year. I used to get ate up down there.
The quarter mile track ran with the new grandstands was a far cry from the old falling down grandstand era. That quarter mile with the falling down grandstands was something else. Racers used to pull up onto the track after the races to get paid, I’d walk out and look at those race cars. Track was often tacky enough after the races to suck your shoes right off your feet.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Eatin Dirt, wallbanger II