Thread: Bobby Allen
View Single Post
7/15/23, 11:23 PM   #13
Re: Bobby Allen
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Mid 80s to early 90s Burg went winged so I was basically following them, Made several ohio sprint week shows. All the HBO's , Kings Royals, Opening weekend at Eldora. Four races I seen where Bobby Allen stood out to me.

One was a Kings Royal that for the first half of the race, Bobby and Kinser swapped the lead a dozen times until late in the race where Kinser pulled away.

Two was a Eldora Anniversary race, USUSUALLY held the weekend before ohio Sprint week. Eldora was it's normal burn up rubber down after hot laps and stayed that way . Bobby started deep, maybe tenth. As the feature went on the track got heavier and heavier and by half way Bobby was passing two cars a lap down low. Won by half a lap.

three was a night at Attica, Had to be a WoO show but Bobby and S. Kinser swapped the lead and ran side by side that whole race, Kinser won, but Bobby was there till the end.

Four was Im thinking the friday after Knox nationals that Bobby Won, They'd leased a Shaver engine and Won Knoxville with it. But on the way east after Knox there was a I think All Star show at Bloomington. Bobby and Doug Wolfgang in the 8D Peace car ran side by side that whole race, Splitting cars. Was just amazing to watch. Wolfgang won, But again. Bobby gave him all he could handle.

There was the BIG THREE, But Bobby, Haud, Sometimes Hillenberg, Jacobs, Gaerte and a couple others could sometimes topple the apple kart. Joey Allen also was a good racer

And for the 15yrs or so I was going to said races. When Bobby showed up, it was with this old box truck with a smaller than most well used blue trailer with some rust holes in it. Heck they didn't even paint the frames, Which he made himself.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/15/23 at 11:30 PM.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider