View Single Post
6/22/23, 8:41 AM   #20
Re: Emergency meeting tomorrow
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I spoke to the promoter about it in May. He said they are getting along with most of the people fine. He said there is one older couple who is doing most of the stirring, they live 2.5 miles away, and they have a lot of money. They were done early all 3 nights I have been this year.
As for a curfew, I think every track should have one. Sure, things like fence repair, ambulance delays happen, but if you run an efficient show, you should be able to still be done in a reasonable time. I feel a track should try to get over in 3.5 hours from first green until last checkered flag. That is about the average person's attention span.
I would have no problems with mufflers either. It may even help the sport grow in the long run.
I really like Circle City, and wish them luck.
My first experience with racing was out in California at Hangtown (now Placerville) Speedway. Not only was it the track were I saw my first race, it was also the first track where I worked. I don't believe that we had muffler rules at first in the 70s (I remember being able to hear the track from our house, eight miles away on a quiet night), but we had to have the last feature started by 11:30 PM. Personally, I think that curfews are important to keep fans in the stands. Down here in the Houston area, there are no curfews (and few muffler rules), and I have been shooting at tracks as late as 0200 (or later - earlier?) in the morning, and this is for shows that started hotlaps around 6 or 7 in the evening. It is no wonder that 4 area tracks have shut down. Many a night there were fewer than a couple of hundred in the stands. As far as mufflers? I mean, yeah, we all like the raw sound of power, but if it takes putting a muffler on to keep racing, it only makes sense.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, jjones752, Jonr, the1jet17, TQ29m