Thread: TriState
View Single Post
6/5/23, 11:45 AM   #29
Re: TriState
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
The Sunday date was a head scratcher to me.....In the world of bad track prep, I will always give TSS a pass on how they prep a track. I have always believed Indiana Midget Week is just that, Midgets.....running sprint cars during IMW is a problem in my opinion. Drags out the show and contributes to track issues. If the argument is they need Sprint cars to bring fans out to the track, then maybe we don't need a midget week.
That's a good point. When you talk to open wheel fans, many of them think the perfect thing would be to have sprints and midgets on every show. A lot of people fail to consider how hard that is on the track. IMO, unless you're a Tommy Helfrich, a Reece O'Connor, a Joe Spiker @ Putnamville, etc. and are willing to do intra-show track reworks, both on the bill just doesn't usually work out that well. Very often, the sprints are ran last and they end up running look like they're running on ice. Midgets handle deteriorated track conditions a little better, but it's not perfect for them, either. The way some of these Midget Week sprint features have turned out is kind of like the elephant in the room, that nobody wants to acknowledge.

Jerry

Winston Churchill