Thread: TriState
View Single Post
6/5/23, 10:51 AM   #24
Re: TriState
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Interesting that noone has tried answering my question about the crowd/attendance numbers yet and the people who love the track haven't mentioned one word about such a low attendance in the bleachers...maybe it was the camera angle on Flo that was showing low attendance numbers in the bleachers lmfao.

It doesn't take over an hour to make a great racing surface and farming the track for over an hour to make a great race. Watch Reece and Rowdy, they will show how to make drivers, teams, and fans happy without wasting over an hour to do it, Also doesn't take "green" equipment to do it either. Anyone who knows anything about tractors and farming or mowing for that matter knows when you buy green your buying the name not necessarily the best equipment for the job.
Personally, I wasn't avoiding your question. I just didn't take it seriously enough to think it deserved an answer. If you're trying to imply that all a sudden, fans in mass have stopped going to Tri-State Speedway because Tommy does a lot of track prep, it means you're just uneducated. In fact, just last week, for a regular MSCS show, there was a much bigger crowd. And attendance this year, overall, has been good. And my post, like most of my posts, was just one sharing the racing experience I had on this particular night.

For one, midgets have traditionally drawn less at this track. I don't know why, but it seems to just be reality. Except the one at the end of the year. And people know they're running out of races because it's late in the season and also, it's USAC Midgets, paired with a $5K to win MSCS show and fans know the higher purse will draw a few extra sprint hot shots. And secondly. last night's event was on a Sunday night and maybe that had some effect on it.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/5/23 at 11:02 AM.