Thread: TriState
View Single Post
6/5/23, 2:17 AM   #8
DirtTrackTherapy16J

So not to be dumb here, unfortunately I have never been to Haubstadt bc it's just all but impossible to make the show on time with my work schedule. My loss, hopefully one day I'll make it there as it is on my bucket list.

In general I hear nothing but great things about Haubstadt. As of lately I hear alot of complaints and for the most part focusing on track prep delays.

With that said, I have a question. Yes Sunday night, yes work night, yes ridiculous long break/delay tonight. However, watching on Flo on the boat tonight, my best friend/fishing and hunting partner and I couldn't help but notice the stands just absolutely empty!! Was the whole night this way, or was it just towards the end? We were hammering the Slabs (Crappie) and Channels (Catfish) so much that we couldn't keep up with the fish much less get Flo going on the phone for the first half of the night.

First night of Indiana Midget Week 2023 and the stands was that empty??? One of the biggest weeks of racing in Indiana all season, arguably one of the best support classes we will see all week with MSCS, good weather, why was the bleachers so empty??? Kokomo is the Finale of Indiana Midget Week 2023 next Sunday night and I can guarantee it wont be empty like Haubstadt was tonight. So Sunday night/work night can't be the only reason. Can someone please share their facts or opinions for my curiosity?

To people that are upset with the long delay, you have your right to your opinions and feelings. We had just finished getting our Limit of Slab Crappie, pulled anchors, and headed for the boat ramp. At this time they had already started farming. We loaded the boat, strapped everything down, and drove home from Huntington to Gas City. We pulled in the driveway at home and they was still farming. That is not good for anyone, fans, families, track or at home, drivers, teams, workers, noone. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to farm that long with that long of a break/delay. Congratulations to Jacob Denny for winning opening night and KCummins for a podium finish!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/5/23 at 2:23 AM.