View Single Post
3/1/23, 9:54 AM   #1
30 Great Years on the PA - Thanks
Brad Dickison

After 30+ years of fun weekends at racetracks, I have decided it was time to step away from my role as a PA announcer.

Like many of you who love this sport of racing, my family has been there to support and encourage me. I could not have done this without the love and support of my wife Tammy and my two successful sons - Robbie and Ryan. From April to September, they allowed me to go have fun working a job that has taken me away from them when many families were together doing “other” things. My parents were also a huge part of learning about this sport taking me to racetracks when I was a child, thanks mom and dad.

My friendships and memories are a big reason I chose to do this for so long - ALL of them have made an impact on my life. From working at the biggest racetracks in the world speaking in front of thousands, to the small local track on a Sunday afternoon in front of 200 fans, I have loved EVERY minute of it. To all the teammates I have worked with in the booth - I love you and thank you for making each race fun and our long nights bearable. Of course, the track owners, promoters and race organizations that have employed me - THANKS for paying me to do something I had a great passion doing.

To my heroes, all of you talented brave racecar drivers - you are amazing. I have enjoyed calling your races and trying to be a small part of entertaining the fans as you dazzled them with your skills. To my racing family (all you knowledgeable,rowdy race fans) who had to sit in the bleachers listening to my rambling - thanks for clapping, cheering and putting up with my stories, jokes and singing.

I look forward to seeing you at the racetrack and sharing another story and laugh, but this time as the most cherished part of our sport - a paying customer.

As we did for many years signing off at the end of the night - HAPPY TRAILS!

Brad Dickison