Thread: Looking Forward
View Single Post
2/23/23, 1:19 PM   #1
Looking Forward
BrentTFunk

As an old guy, who just turned 60, I am really looking forward to this season. As long as the money holds out, I have several excursions I am really looking forward to. I am hoping to take a road trip with my old buddy Coach to PA in June. He moved to FL several years ago, but we have traveled to races together since 1982. Followed by a trip with my wife to WI the next weekend. If all goes well, I will hit 5 new tracks in 10 days. Haven't done that in a while.
In July, I plan on going to Macon for USAC Sprints. Saw a really good POWRi midget race there last year, and have always wondered what Sprints would be like there. $10,000 to win the second night, should be good. My first time at Macon was the famous Jack Hewitt night.
In August, the Jason Leffler race at Wayne County, Tony Bettenhausen 100 at Springfield the next day, followed by USAC Midgets that night at Macon. then the next week is the Smackdown for $30,000 to win. If I haven't broke the bank, or wore myself out, a Silver Crown, IndyCar double header is at St Louis the next evening. I really like Silver Crown cars there.
Still plan on the week of Indy, Little 500, most of midget and sprint weeks, BC 39, James Dean Classic, followed by the 4 crown. Hoping this is a good year for everyone. Anyone have anything they are looking forward to?