View Single Post
2/3/23, 8:48 PM   #105
flagboy55

Great post Chuck. Nate beat me to it but Sante Fe Park in Hinsdale Illinois is a track I wish you all could’ve been to. I raced it in a midget a time or two, but that’s not why I miss it. It might be the only track that I don’t care if it was wingless or not, maybe even preferred wings. The place had 2 tracks in one. A quarter and what they called a half but was 7/16 at best. The tracks shared the same turns 3 & 4 but 1 & 2 were different. It was nicely proportioned for the quarter but on the big track it was a real paper clip. When the Outlaws ran there, it was wheelie city. And not just coming off the immediate corner. Going about a quarter of the length of the back straight you had to rejoin the quarter. This meant already carrying some speed over the banking of the small track. Like it or not, if you were on the hammer it was wheels up for at least some of the back straight away. Only 45 minutes from the house if traffic was good. Lots of great memories there. In fact it almost cost me my wedding day. But that’s another story

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing