View Single Post
2/3/23, 10:24 AM   #17
Re: Be sure to tune in.
Hubie48

I knew Tony Jr. better than Gary or Merle. Tony was just a very nice man, period. One of my favorite memories was sitting in a bar at Indianapolis International Airport with Tony. Both of us were waiting on flights. Later as I was friends with Robin Miller our paths crossed. A friend of mine was Bettenhausen Racing's painter. Tony treated his employees very well. Everyone of these guys would run through a brick wall for Tony. Tony Bettenhausen Jr. is missed by many, many people.

Gary was just a superstar IMO. Sitting around the infield of DuQuoin listing to Gary re run the race over a few barley pops was great. Gary loved being a race car driver. He paid a steep price as the injury's he sustained really took a toll on him. Watching him dive out of a flaming Sprint Car at IRP was the last race my sister in law ever attended. It really upset her. I have several photos of Gary in my home. Gary was one of my all time favorite drivers and I was lucky to watch him race on many, many occasions. Thanks Gary.

8 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, erich45, jonboat15, LB, luckybuc97, miledirt, TQ29m