View Single Post
1/12/23, 1:52 PM   #31
Re: Chili Bowl so far.
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
The thought from several former races I’m friends with on FB is that Torgensen’s arm restraints caught his latch on his belts and released them. Continued positive thoughts and prayers for the young racer. Thankful that as bad as it was, it appears he will survive.
I had a long shoelace.I put through the Hole on the end Of the latch. And then Twisted it together and wrapped it with duct tape. And I would tuck that underneath my leg. Help prevent anything from getting underneath the latch and. Unlocking it. To prevent just what we've seen happen last night. I'm about 99% sure. That's exactly what happened. Something got underneath the latch on his harnesses and unlocked it. They weren't installed wrong. The seat didn't come loose. The belts didn't fail. They just got on latch somehow. Sadly, this is the third time I've seen a driver come out of the car. The other two times were fatal. The first time was at Jackson, MN, in a 6 cylinder modified. The other time was Barry Kettering. At Fairmont, Minnesota. That time. Is harnesses failed from old age? Sounds like the outcome from this one is gonna be much better. He's in my prayers. But please every driver check your equipment and check it good. And don't cut corners.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner