View Single Post
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #36 12/28/22 6:57 PM
Of the 102 tracks that I have been to over many years, I can't think of any that I knew enough about to regret not seeing a program there. Back around '78, I went to a WoO swing through PA, and one of the races got rained out. I walked up to the track and eyeballed it, and thought it had the potential for a great show. It was one of the smaller tracks on the eastern swing, but can't recall the name.

Also around that time period, I traveled from Winnipeg, Manitoba every fall for the Western World at Manzanita, and then carried on the following weekend to the Pacific Coast Nationals at Ascot. We did this for quite a few years. In late 1989, I moved to So.Cal. and enjoyed Ascot every Saturday night, less than an hours drive from my home. In 1990, they closed. In 2007 I retired and moved to Mesa, AZ. Went to Manzanita anytime they were running 410s. Also about a 45 minute drive from home. They closed in 2009. I have been advised many times since then not to move to Kokomo.

Joe Shaheen's Little Springfield was always a favorite. I saw a handful of races there over the years. If I recall correctly, there was a K-Mart next to turn 3-4, and the cars in the backside of the store parking lot had some cleaning to do after hotlaps.

2 Likes: nathans1012, TNRustler