View Single Post
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #26 12/18/22 5:54 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I agree about a 95% with you. Just look at a LM example. Florence, Burg and Brownstown are all within a hundred miles raced on the same night, and all had full field. Brownstown used to have a forty car average of LMs Florence thirty plus and Burg about 25. Now one of the tracks hasn't run LMs in years and the other two are alternating dates. Now even ten grand to win races for LM's sometimes don't get a full field.

What I am saying is that when people have the choice of seeing maybe six to ten shows in person all the stars will be at. Why bother going 15-20 times to the local track at all?
I agree. The fight for the entertainment dollar is fierce and its only going to get worse. How many empty seats do you see at NBA, NFL and MLB. More isn't always better and now there are more choices to choose from. The tracks are getting squeezed hard in the macro picture as the dollar can only get split so many ways. I haven't been to a true weekly show in years. I go to big events because I have two very athletic and active kids that are go go go all summer. Something has to give, at the same time, FLO and DirtVision allow me to still watch what I'm passionate about when I get home on a Saturday night worn out from kids sports, which are brutally expensive if you do any travel clubs.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, motorhead748