View Single Post
9/3/22, 1:23 AM   #6
Re: I-30 Closing? Short Track Nat
jdull99

I've heard this from many (about "oil dumped" all over) and I'm only asking for conversation and not an argument, but, as I was born in 1981, we kinda had already got pretty far on LOTS of environment friendly stuff (much of its good, some of it is far fetched of late); BUT, I was never at a race track when people were just dumping oil and antifreeze car after car day after day onto the ground. Was that a thing like back before say the late 80s? I could only imagine people slipping and sliding if there was this much oil on the ground? Or was it more a thing where they collected it in a drum and then it went away (off to the back forest?...where the tires most likely ended up too...). Either way, I'm no expert (on anything) but I would just think a factory running 2-3 shifts a day, on a property, all year long, were the ones that really contaminated grounds, than race tracks that operated 20-25 times a year? I'm not saying that race tracks did NOT put containments into the ground, but I am wondering if it was way worse than I am imagining; back in the day?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner