View Single Post
7/15/22, 11:15 AM   #46
Re: Could Christopher Bell & Kyle Larson Boycott the Chili B
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
If ever there was a need for collective bargaining. Either the drivers or owners, with a legitimate threat to kill the event, could force Emmitt and the facility to open up the books and negotiate a fair sharing of the revenue. And what do they charge for hot dogs? Unbelievable there is no concession money in the purse.

The last thing this world needs is collective bargaining for a race purse. This is still a free country and no one is forcing anyone to participate or attend the race. He could offer zero purse with a trophy to win and I would bet that he still gets over 200 cars to show up. While I don't agree with his weak argument/claim that the money just isn't there to increase the purse, there is little motivation to just give away more money when the attendance and participation levels are at record levels. Now, with a couple big names saying they may stay away or go elsewhere that week, we will see if others do the same. There's way more than just a couple big name drivers that show up for the Chili Bowl and I don't think missing a few of them will hurt attendance in any way.

2 members like this post: Blitzman, TNRustler