View Single Post
7/15/22, 9:59 AM   #41
Re: Could Christopher Bell & Kyle Larson Boycott the Chili B
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
All I see there is excuses. The purse is abysmal for the Chili Bowl. He says several times that Bell and Larson don't call him. Only reason Hahn wants them to call is so he can make a side deal with those guys and continue paying everyone else peanuts.

Breakdown:
Entry Fees: $150X394 cars = $59,100
Pit Passes: 394X6 people per car = 2364X$375 (multi day pit pass) = $886,500 this is probably extremely low.

Just in those two revenue sources we are at $945,600.00. By his own admission it costs $1 million. We are almost there and we haven't sold a single ticket yet.

Let say he sells 10,000 tickets for the week. 10,000X$365 (week long ticket) = $4,380,000

So just rough numbers before any sponsorship, no TV rights and no fuel sales....

Total reveunue = $5,325,600.00-$1,000,000(costs) = $4,325,600.00 in NET PROFIT!

You are absolutely spot on with this. Even if the costs are $3,000,000, there's way more than a million in profit left. also, the website says that the Chili Bowl has seating for 15,000 so you are being conservative with your figures. It's a private business venture, so we'll never know the actual profit made each year, but your numbers don't even take into account the whole week of the Shootout. About 20 years ago, I was in Tulsa and was sitting around chatting with a bunch of guys including Lanny Edwards. It was brought up that the week before the Chili Bowl pretty much paid the expenses for the whole deal. Lanny just smiled and didn't say much about it. I'd bet the entry fees and pit passes for the Shootout are even more than the Chili Bowl based on the even larger number of cars and competitors. And do they even pay a purse for the Shootout or is it just trophies?

I don't begrudge anyone from making a profit (even a large one) from an event that he started and grew over the years, but it makes Emmet Hahn look pretty stupid when he makes statements and tries to claim that he's barely scraping by. Anyone with a calculator can tell you, that just isn't true.
Last edited by Midget98; 7/15/22 at 10:15 AM.

3 members like this post: Dale, progressive22, Ray3