View Single Post
7/12/22, 11:20 PM   #24
Re: Lawrenceburg thought
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
Charles, I am nothing against a low cost entry level class, but 360s are anything but that anymore. The days of buying a $%#@ box 360 and running it forever are long gone. Top of the line 360s are not much cheaper than a 410 anymore and are not much cheaper to maintain. You will get some people who would normally be running for 410s dropping down. And many new drivers who would have gotten into a 410in bygone days, now may opt for easier competition in a 360.

Not sure how many years ago USAC introduced the West Coast 360 class out here, but I told an older well-known gentleman in racing, who was much wiser than me, that it would be a feeder series for USAC/CRA. He laughed at me and told me it would do anything but help. I disagreed, but if he was still here, I would now tell him he was 100% right.

A look at the top 10 in USAC/CRA points today. At most - and I am not 100% sure of them - two raced the West Coast Series before graduating to USAC/CRA.

Do not get me wrong, the racing is good and there are some very good drivers in the West Coast Series. I would prefer seeing them run 410 so we could have larger car counts. But, to each their own. For those who prefer to run 360s or 410s, more power to them on their choices.
Thanks Scott

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk