View Single Post
7/4/22, 11:50 AM   #3
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Flagboy let me start by saying your entitled to your thoughts and opinions just like anyone is. If you have ever read any of my post, especially from last night, I lost my Dad 1 year ago today. No you dont have to say your sorry, my point with that is I'm in no shape or mood to argue, bicker, debate, any of that.

However, maybe I'm mistaken your post but I dont think so, I read it a couple times. I also know from your previous post, your heading to SD, and likely excited, rightfully so, I would be too. That's awesome, I wish I could go but no way in heck can I with it being prefair week, 4H, and me now being my niece's go to since my Dad, her papaw is gone. I hope you have a great trip and great time and great racing.

But with what your saying, let me tell you this...GC this Friday, is the 5TH ANNUAL Jerry Gappens Sr. Classic. Mr. Gappens Jr. already had this scheduled for this date before USAC announced their schedule for 2022, and he took the Eldora job. Also The Darland Memorial at Kokomo has been ran since at least 2004 that I know of, minus Covid. Husset's on the other hand has only been on the USAC schedule for what 2 seasons now?

I can guarantee you that Mr. Gappens and The O'connor Family DID NOT deliberately schedule against Husset's and USAC. They are not that kind of people nor do they operate and run business that way. With that said, do some of the Southern Indiana tracks schedule against each other on purpose competing for business, cars, fans, absolutely they do and yes it does drive car counts down.

On top of that, the USAC drivers are gonna go USAC, most the local drivers are gonna stay home and go to local shows. It's been that way all season. Most USAC regulars have traveled the USAC tour, most locals have stayed local. GC and Kokomo having Memorial races this next coming weekend is not gonna affect Husset's. Husset's is not gonna affect GC and Kokomo. Maybe a couple cars here or there but no significant differences.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 7/4/22 at 11:52 AM.