View Single Post
6/15/22, 5:00 PM   #20
Re: OT: XR Late Models running the Belleville Low Banks
Andrew S. Quinn

I went to Belleville once. From memory they had the All Stars on Thursday,the prelim on Friday and the final on Saturday. Watched Thursday and Friday. Friday night the track took rubber.I decided i wasnt paying good money for Saturday after seeing that.

So on the way back I stopped in Knoxville for the 360 Nationals. In the afternoon I was at the campground talking with friends,got up to hit the mens room, and as I was walking out,I heard someone call my name and turned around and there was Court Grandstaff that used to own the Trop Artic 66 sprint car. He told me to hang on a second as he had something for me.

Years earlier we met when Brooke Tatnell was racing his car. I had asked him if he had any old crew shirts laying around. I had a buddy in Australia that collected them,so I'd often inquire from friends on teams etc. Court said he did,and I gave him my card,and he said he'd send me one. Well he got busy and I never did get a crew shirt from him,until this particular day. Court told me he never forgot he had told me he would send me a shirt. By then he had sold the sprint car stuff off,but he had a BRAND NEW crew shirt that he had been carrying around in hopes of running into me again. I couldnt believe it! So it was an incredible stroke of luck that I had gone to Knoxville instead of staying for the midget nationals. My buddy stopped collecting crew shirts in the meantime,so now it hangs on my living room wall instead.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/15/22 at 5:11 PM.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racenut69, TNRustler