View Single Post
6/8/22, 9:44 AM   #12
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
With the price of gas and diesel, we will see fewer racing fans. Mostly at the tracks not real close to a bigger city like Tri-state. I see tracks like Lincoln Park and Bloomington getting mostly local people. Then there are the racers and some of their haulers only get 5 miles per gal., most racers only race for the fun of it and when it costs too much to have fun they will stay at home or just race less. The way the price of fuel is going up we will see tracks closing before long as some tracks will have to dig into their pockets to pay the purse. I don't know of any business that will keep operating when they are open if they lose money every time, they are open. I think by Fall the way fuel is raising lots of tracks will be closed. Most Americans are not stupid as they know what caused of this high-priced fuel, it is the ones now in charge of America. As I remember back when ***** lost the ******** by fraud, he had gas down to almost $2 per gal.

The price of fuel is a complex worldwide problem primarily about speculation in the commodity market, pent-up demand, and supply.