View Single Post
6/5/22, 10:57 PM   #12
Re: Kokomo winged races
JDavis#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
In terms of support. Non-Wing racing has always been big in Indiana. I think the All-Stars & the Outlaws (wing) racing have a niche here only racing in the state a few times a year. I like the 305 group here in Indiana. I think their races are good and most nights they bring a decent field with them.

Here is a good question to see what everyone thinks?

LET'S USE KOKOMO SPEEDWAY FOR EXAMPLE.

When the 410 Wing Sprints race at Kokomo are the grandstands just as packed and crowded as they are for the Kokomo Sprint Car Smackdown?

If Kokomo raced Wing-Sprints weekly would there be as many fans in the grandstands as there would be for Non-Wing shows?

I have been to the Saturday portion of the Smackdown twice and that show to me is well attended by the fans just like an outlaw or all-star race.

I'm curious to know what other people think as well.
Circle City tried to run a weekly wing program last year. It did not work. They couldn't get a decent car count. They even contacted several non wing teams, ourselves included, to ask why we would not put on a wing and come race. Our answer was, we only have non wing cars and no wings to bolt on because we don't care to run wing cars. Then they asked if we would support them if they ran non wing. Well most certainly, except they switched to Sunday nights, and I have to be at work at 9:30 Sunday evening, so that doesn't work for us either.https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/ima...thumbsdown.gif

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jdull99, nathans1012, oppweld, tirespinner