View Single Post
5/31/22, 2:30 PM   #23
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
I must ask, is there anything USAC could ever do to put on a show like that? Or is that [butt.ugly] wing always going to separate the men from the boys?
IMHO if USAC is well attended car count wise both Midgets and Sprints the show sometimes is every bit as good. There's not dash but the six invert is awesome and with the win to advance in the feature if qualified bad, guys aren't just accepting being in a transfer.

Someone else mentioned it on another board and I don't know for sure if I agree or not, But usac ran a consi to eleminate three cars at THAT. They were lucky to get em on a sunday night. I know it's the rules I don't know what the incentive is. Most have to race with the best before they can beat the best. Seems very few weekly racers want to join. I think tracks should make it a show up points for USAC toward their track championships. And if they make the show they get better than fourth place money than regular show anyway.

WoO is good, but when you add in Larson, Bell, Kahne, Bowman it adds something on top. Sixteenth to second and he legit could have won. The date is the key and Lawrencburg for all the &*$#&@# they've taken over the years took the date and kept it, Grew it. And unless Nascar rains out till monday. Those guys can make it.

Another thing is, They're just too fast for that track, they have to back out at some point, traffic, whatever and the closing speed is increadible.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/31/22 at 2:33 PM.