Thread: Extreme Tires
View Single Post
5/1/22, 3:23 PM   #6
flagboy55

My point is simply this. Maybe the tire quality is inconsistent. I’ve seen a lot more pictures of tires coming apart than I’ve seen in a long time. I know nothing about what it takes to make a tire but if you watched or listened to the Winged Nation podcast with the Hoosier rep, any reasonable person could realize the possibility of quality issues. American Racer stopped making tires for a bit because of the inability to get nylon, which by the way is a petroleum product. You only have to drive down to the corner gas station to see that issues with petroleum are rampant and widespread. I have no firsthand knowledge but I would be surprised if this didn’t affect Hoosier as well in some capacity. One thing I do know is that the Hoosier man stated on the show is that help is a problem, and if memory serves me correctly, he said it could take up to 6 months to train someone to learn how to properly build tires. All of these factors give me reason to think USAC took the proper approach. And 76, as you well know my friend, I wave the USAC banner high and proud, but I’m not saying they’re without fault. I think they’re digging a hole on another front, but that’s a topic for another thread

1 member likes this post: PIT CART