Thread: Tire Dopers
View Single Post
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #227 4/1/22 8:45 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
I'm not sure that he could abandon the Midget National Championship since it's his business. Not only does he cash checks from families in return for his services, he also cashes those Toyota checks and companies like that pay up front, at least partially. All of those entities are going to expect what they already paid for. The sprint car is a different story- I believe he was going to do that just because he loves it; he even intimated that it was going to be on a race-by-race basis initially. And I'm sure Cary and Mike won't be too upset over it since they do it just because they love it too.
Not that I am arguing with you or debating with you, you likely know way more then I do, but it's not different. IF your abandoning USAC bc of rules/unfairness/etc...then you abandon USAC...not pick and choose which car series...USAC is USAC...just saying that whole situation makes 0 sense...yes pick and choose which race you want bc Sprints are not priority #1, I get it, but it's just that...its choosing of races...not abandoning USAC as some claim. IF your abandoning USAC then you abandon USAC, that cut and dry.
3 Likes: 1021gpa, chrismattlin, Joekocjan