Thread: Tire Dopers
View Single Post
4/1/22, 6:48 PM   #217
Hamby454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
No, not calling you muddying the water. The durometer everything was the best IDEA YET.

But without facts, Here's what I come up with.

There's been tires doped forever and people feel that because some were caught at Xtreme that it was happening at USAC as well.

That USAC did have four of five teams come back with a anomaly that didn't match the base testing sample provided by Hoosier.

That the anomaly was the exact same in all four teams

That one of the tires were purchased at the track.

That the anomaly was not any of the known tire doping compound

That only one of three labs found this anomaly and a outside tire manufacturer agreed there was no anomaly

That many teams feel USAC is protecting a couple teams from punishment they deserve.

That such protected teams reportedly threatened to leave or sue. (Reportedly)

That if such lab came back wrong, That a couple teams that have been *BUSTED* before are in question as well.

I as much as anyone want them to show up to the meeting, get their questions and evidence they need and decide from there.

I as much as anyone want to see both USAC and Xtreme do well. to me it's not one vs the other. It's for the growth and betterment of the sport.

I as much as anyone want to see all the teams race.

I as much as anyone want to see the best team and driver win.

The end.
I agree with some of this. Some not so much. From my understanding the samples sent to the 2 other labs were “new” samples acquired after the cars had returned to their shops. Again I don’t know all the details and only those involved do. The fact that so many questions are being unanswered is what’s bringing the rumors to this. If indeed these new samples were acquired from the teams shop and not acquired at the track they should not matter at all. At the track everyone can see the samples being taken. From the shop who can determine if it’s the same tire?? To many uncertainties to not place blame on usac, unfortunately. As it paints a dark cloud not only over them but the sport as a whole as they have essentially been the face of non wing racing, well forever. It’s all truly sad.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, dshort36